Call Brunton Law for an Experienced Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Troy, IL
Injured at work? Need compensation for your injuries? Find your local workers’ comp lawyer for help navigating difficult workers’ compensation laws. At Brunton Law Office, we offer workers’ comp attorneys that provide legal assistance for injured workers in Troy, Illinois and throughout the surrounding areas. As a locally-owned law firm, we take pride in serving our community and using our skills to ensure the families of injured workers don’t go hungry. Also, we offer over 50 years of combined legal experience, and we use that knowledge to provide individualized assistance based on your needs. Call our office to schedule your consultation, today!
An Explanation of Workers’ Compensation
If you’re wondering what workers’ comp is, and how it applies to you, you’re probably not alone. Workers’ comp laws can be hard to understand. However, it’s how injured workers go about getting fairly compensated for injuries and the bills that arise because of them. Also, you must have been injured on the job or developed a serious illness because of your workplace to be eligible for workers’ comp payments. Additionally, the severity and nature of your injury will determine what type of benefits you receive. The different categories of benefits include temporary partial disabilities, temporary total disabilities, permanent partial disabilities, permanent total disabilities.
How to File a Workers’ Comp Claim in Troy, IL
When you get injured at work, it’s up to you to start the workers’ compensation filing process. Waiting to file could mean a denial of your claim or other problems. Be sure to follow the correct steps to ensure you receive full compensation. Here are some things to keep in mind about filing for workers’ compensation:
• Your employer should be notified of the injury or illness as soon as possible. In Illinois, workers should notify the appropriate person within 45 days of an injury or 90 days of exposure to radiation. In Missouri, all injuries must be reported within 30 days.
• After notification of the employer, it’s their turn to notify the workers’ comp administrator or insurance carrier that a claim has been filed. They review the claim and decide to honor it or deny it.
• After the claim is reviewed, workers’ comp payments should start, or your employer should provide a written explanation of why your claim was denied.
• Upon denial of the claim, Brunton Law files for a hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Commission to prove the cause of your injury or illness.
Contact a workers’ comp lawyer at Brunton Law with your questions about the workers’ comp filing process.
Brunton Law Fights for Injured Workers in Troy, IL
We proudly provide the legal assistance needed by injured workers in Troy, IL and throughout the surrounding areas. Our office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, and we’re more than happy to answer your questions over the phone and schedule your initial consultation. Don’t wait; call our office today!
People choose Brunton Law Office because:
• Dedicated to Local Workers
• Licensed in Illinois, Missouri & Federal Courts
• Determined, Detail-Oriented Approach
• Focusing on Max. Compensation
• Over 50 Years of Experience
Serving the 62294 zip code and all surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Communities.
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.