Call Brunton to File Your O’Fallon, IL Workers’ Compensation Claim
Are you dealing with an injury or illness sustained because of your job? File a workers’ compensation claim to ensure you’re paid for time that you can’t work. At Brunton Law Office, we help people with workers’ compensation claims in O’Fallon, Illinois and throughout the surrounding areas. As a locally-owned law firm, we understand the complexities of these cases and how they impact the lives of those in our local communities. Additionally, our team brings over 50 years of legal experience to the table, ensuring you the honest and determined representation that you deserve. Don’t wait; call to start with a legal consultation of your workers’ compensation claim!
Workers’ Compensation Laws: Explained
Don’t be worried if you’re having trouble understanding workers’ compensation. Workers’ comp can be difficult, but basically, it’s insurance for workers and employers to ensure that everyone is covered in case of a workplace injury or serious illness caused by the workplace. If you’re hurt and can’t work, workers’ comp payments help pay medical bills, buy groceries, pay utilities and more. The severity of your injury will determine the benefits you receive by placing you in a benefits category. These categories include temporary partial disabilities, temporary total disabilities, permanent partial disabilities, permanent total disabilities.
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim in O’Fallon, IL
If you get injured at work, money won’t just start falling from the sky. You have to follow the correct procedures and fill out the proper paperwork to ensure the payments that you deserve. Brunton understands the process and can walk you through from start to finish. Here are a few things to consider throughout the process:
• The first step is notifying the employer that you’ve sustained an injury or illness due to your job. In the State of Illinois, workers should notify their employers within 45 days of any injury and within 90 days of any exposure to radiation. In Missouri, the time limit is 30 days for injuries.
• Next, it’s the employer’s turn to notify, either, the workers’ comp administrator or their insurance carrier. They will ultimately decide the fate of your claim.
• Once they’ve reviewed the claim, it will be accepted or denied. If accepted, payments will start based on your benefit category. If denied, the employer must provide a written explanation for denial of the claim.
• After any denial, we file a hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Commission to prove the validity of your injuries.
Ask the professionals at Brunton Law Office your questions about the workers’ comp filing process.
We’re the proud providers of workers’ comp legal assistance to those in O’Fallon, Illinois and throughout the surrounding Metro-East communities. Additionally, our office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm. Feel free to contact us with your questions, and we’ll schedule an initial consultation of your workers’ compensation claim.
Choose Brunton Law Office because:
• Over 50 Years of Legal Experience
• Focused on Maximum Compensation
• Client-Centered Approach
• Licensed in Illinois & Missouri
• Fighting for Local Workers
Serving the 62269 zip code and the surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Area.
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.