Granite City, Illinois Local Workers’ Comp Attorneys
Injured at work? Can’t pay the bills? Call your local workers’ comp attorneys to help file a claim and win the financial compensation that your situation deserves. At Brunton Law Office, we offer legal assistance to workers that have been injured at work or developed a serious illness because of their workplace. Also, as a locally-owned and operated workers’ comp law firm, we take pride in helping those in our local community pay bills when they’re too hurt to work. With over 50 years of legal experience, trust you’re getting a qualified team of lawyers that’s dedicated to winning you maximum compensation. Call to get started on your claim by scheduling a complimentary consultation!
Workers’ Compensation: An Overview
Workers’ compensation is what helps workers pay their bills when they’re hurt at work. These laws protect the rights of workers and employers to ensure the injured and the ill are fairly compensated for their lost wages. Additionally, these laws only apply to those that have been injured at work or that have developed at serious illness because of the environment at their workplace. Furthermore, the severity of your injury will determine which benefit category that you fall into, which includes temporary partial disability, temporary total disability, permanent total disability and permanent partial disability. The category you fall into will determine options for financial compensation, medical care, and even re-training.
Granite City, IL Workers’ Compensation Filing
If you’ve been injured or developed a serious illness because of your workplace, it’s time to file a workers’ comp claim to ensure you’re being fairly treated and compensated. However, you must follow the correct process to receive benefits. Here are a few tips on the workers’ comp filing process:
• As soon as you notice the injury at work, be sure to let your employer know about the injury. Illinois workers should let employers know of illness or injury within 45 days of the occurrence or within 90 days of exposure to radiation. Missouri workers should make claims within 30 days.
• Following your notification, your employer should speak with their insurance carrier or workers’ comp administrator to notify them that a claim has been filed. They’ll review your claim and decide eligibility for benefits.
• Upon eligibility being decided, your employer should start workers’ comp payments. However, if they decide to deny the claim, they must provide, in writing, their reasoning for denial.
• Following claim denial, we file for a hearing with the workers’ compensation commission, who will ultimately decide eligibility for benefits.
Please call our office with your questions about the workers’ comp filing process.
Brunton Law: Sticking Up for Granite City, IL Workers
We’re proud to offer legal assistance to injured workers in Granite City, IL and throughout the surrounding Metro East communities. Additionally, our law office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, and we invite you to call with questions if you’ve been injured or developed a serious injury on the job.
Workers choose to work with Brunton because:
• Dedicated to Helping Local Workers
• Over 50 Combined Years of Workers’ Comp Experience
• Focus on the Highest Possible Compensation
• Licensed in Illinois & Missouri
• By Your Side Throughout the Process
Serving the 62040 zip code and all surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Area Communities.
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.