Are you reeling from an injury or illness that you suffered because of your job? Call a workers’ comp attorney to ensure you’re making the right moves to get the compensation you deserve. At Brunton Law Office, we provide legal assistance to those with workers’ comp claims in Fairview Heights, IL and throughout the surrounding areas. Additionally, our locally-owned firm understands the stress that injuries put on you and your family. That’s why we use our legal training to fight for workers in our local community. Also, we offer over 50 years of experience to provide our clients with the representation they deserve. Get started by scheduling a consultation of your workers’ compensation claim.
An Overview of Workers’ Compensation Laws
If you’ve been injured at work, you may be having some trouble understanding the workers’ comp process. First of all, workers’ comp is insurance that businesses are required to have to ensure the safety of employees at work. If an employee gets injured or develops a serious illness at work, workers’ comp payments help take care of medical bills, groceries, utilities and much more. Additionally, the severity of an injury determines what benefits you receive by placing you into a benefits category. These categories may include temporary partial disabilities, temporary total disabilities, permanent partial disabilities, permanent total disabilities.
How to File a Workers’ Comp Claim in Fairview Heights, IL
Those in the Fairview Heights, IL area know to contact Brunton Law Office for all their workers’ compensation questions. Our staff can help walk you through the process and ensure you’re following the right procedures to receive payments. Take these things into account when it comes to your own workers’ comp claim.
• First, you should notify your employer of the injury or illness. Illinois requires workers to report injuries within 45 days of their occurrence and radiation exposure within 90 days of the incident. Missouri requires notification within 30 days.
• Next, the employer notifies their workers’ comp insurance carrier or administrator, which ultimately decide if your claim will be accepted.
• After the review of the claim, you’ll either be granted workers’ comp payments or will be denied. If denied, the employer must provide written notification of the reasoning for denial.
• After the claim comes back denied, we file with the Workers’ Compensation Commission to schedule a hearing and prove the validity of your injuries.
Feel free to contact Brunton Law with questions about the workers’ compensation filing process.
We’re proud to provide workers’ comp legal advice to those in Fairview Heights, IL and throughout the surrounding Metro East communities. Furthermore, we’re flexible, and we keep our office open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm. Contact our staff to get started, and we’ll schedule an initial consultation of your workers’ comp claims.
Why choose Brunton Law? Here’s why…
• Fighting for Local Workers
• Focused on Maximum Compensation
• Client-Centered Approach
• Offering Over 50 Years of Experience
• Licensed in Illinois & Missouri
Serving the 62208 zip code and all surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Areas.
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.