Call Brunton to File Your Collinsville, IL Workers’ Comp Claim
Have you been injured at work? If so, file a workers’ comp claim to ensure you can pay the bills while you can’t work. At Brunton Law Office, we provide legal assistance for those with workers’ compensation claims in Collinsville, IL and throughout the surrounding areas. As a locally-owned and operated firm, we take pride in serving the local community with essential services that keep food on their tables while they’re not able to work. Additionally, with over 50 years of experience, we assure you a dedicated staff and detail-oriented approach that’s focused on winning you the most compensation for your workers’ claim comp. Get started with a consultation on your claims!
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation laws protect workers that are injured or develop serious illnesses as a result of their occupation. Furthermore, these injuries and illnesses may be temporary or permanent, and the compensation is based on what benefit category you fall in to. Additionally, your benefit category will depend on the type and severity of the injury or illness that you’ve sustained. The role of your workplace in the development of the injury or illness is also taken into consideration. However, workers’ comp doesn’t just happen; you play a role in how your case will be resolved. Be sure to read on about the workers’ comp process and ensure you’re taking the right steps!
How Do I File for Workers’ Comp in Collinsville, IL?
If you’re injured at work, you must follow the correct process in order to claim workers’ compensation. Here’s the general process of a workers’ comp claim:
• Notify your employer as soon as you can. In Illinois, you have 45 days from the time of the injury and 90 days from any exposure to radiation. In Missouri, you have 30 days from the time you notice any injury or illness.
• Your employer must notify their insurer or workers’ compensation administrator to report that a claim has been filed. They determine your eligibility for benefits.
• Next, your employer will choose to begin payments or to deny the claim. If a claim is denied, the employer must provide a written notification for the reasoning behind the denial.
• Finally, we file a hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Commission to prove your injuries.
Please call our office for more detailed info about the claims process, seeking medical care, filing deadlines and more.
Call Brunton Law for Workers’ Compensation Assistance
We proudly provide legal services to those in Collinsville, IL and throughout the surrounding Metro East Communities. Also, we’re open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, and we invite you to call and schedule a free initial consultation of your claims. Don’t wait; these are time-sensitive issues that must be dealt with right away.
See why people choose Brunton Law Office:
• Over 50 Years of Legal Experience
• Dedicated to Local Workers
• Licensed in Illinois & Missouri
• Focused on Maximum Compensation
Serving the 62234 zip code and throughout the surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Area.
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.