Have you been hurt at work and can’t work? Call a local work injury lawyer to file a workers’ compensation claim and get the compensation that you deserve. At Brunton Law Office, we provide legal help to those with workers’ comp claims in Cahokia, IL and throughout the surrounding areas. Our locally-owned firm understands the stress put on your family by an untimely work injury. That’s why we provide essential legal assistance to those in our community that struggle with work injuries or illnesses. With over 50 years of legal experience, trust that we focus on your needs first and receive maximum compensation for your injuries. Call to get started with a consultation of your claim.
A Short Summary of Workers’ Compensation Laws
If you’ve been hurt at work, it can be difficult to know what benefits you’re entitled to under workers’ compensation laws. That’s what Brunton is here for; to ensure you understand your rights and are receiving full compensation. Workers’ compensation is required by law to ensure fair compensation for workers who are injured on the job or develop a serious illness because of their workplace. Furthermore, the severity and nature of your injury determine the benefits you receive by placing you in a benefit category, which includes temporary partial disabilities, temporary total disabilities, permanent partial disabilities, permanent total disabilities.
Filing for Workers’ Compensation in Cahokia, IL
Those in the Cahokia, IL area know to contact Brunton Law Office to help them file workers’ compensation claims. In fact, our friendly and detail-oriented staff is sure to walk you through the whole process to ensure you’re taking the right steps to receiving the compensation that you deserve. Consider these things when it comes to your workers’ comp claim.
• You should, first, notify your employer of the injury. In Illinois, you must notify within 45 days for injuries and 90 days for radiation exposure. In Missouri, the deadline is 30 days from an injury.
• Next, the employer should notify their workers’ comp administrator or insurance carrier that a claim has been filed. They will either accept or deny the claim.
• If the claim is accepted, appropriate payments will begin. If the claim is denied, the employer must provide a written explanation as to why.
• Finally, upon denial of the claim, we file the appropriate paperwork to request a hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Commission and win your compensation!
We’re proud to offer legal assistance to injured, disabled and ill workers in Cahokia, IL and throughout the surrounding Metro East communities. Additionally, we keep our office open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, and we invite you to call if you’ve been injured at work and can’t pay your bills. Our staff will schedule a free consultation of your legal claims!
Why choose Brunton? Because…
• Licensed to Practice in Illinois & Missouri
• Over 50 Years Legal Experience
• Fighting for Local Workers
• Client-First Approach
• Client-First Approach
• Focused on Maximum Compensation
Serving the 62206 zip code and all surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Areas.
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.