Hurt at work, and need help getting compensation? Call a local workplace injury lawyer to help file your claim and pursue the benefits that you deserve. At Brunton Law Office, we provide legal representation for injured workers in Alton, Illinois and throughout the surrounding areas. As a locally-owned firm, we understand the impact an injury can have on your life. That’s why we do what we do; to provide essential legal advice to people in our local communities. Additionally, we offer over 50 years of legal experience and a determined approach for the best possible outcome.
Workers’ Compensation: An Overview
Been injured at work? If your ability to pay bills has been compromised due to a work injury or illness, you need the help of a local workplace injury lawyer to file a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation insurance protects businesses and their workers when people get injured on the job or develop a serious illness as a result of their workplace. Additionally, the severity of your injury will determine the benefits that you receive. Depending on your benefit category, you could receive payments for temporary partial disabilities, temporary total disabilities, permanent partial disabilities, permanent total disabilities.
File for Workers’ Compensation Payments in Alton, IL
Those in the Alton, IL area know to contact Brunton Law Office for all their workers’ comp needs. In fact, our friendly and detail-oriented staff helps you throughout the process. However, you must follow the correct steps in order to receive compensation for your injuries. Keep these things in mind as it pertains to your injury:
• The first step you take should be to notify your employer of an injury that prohibits you from working. In Illinois, the notification must take place within 45 days of the injury or 90 of exposure to radiation. In Missouri, you must notify within 30 days of the injury.
• Next, your employer should notify their workers’ comp administrator or insurance carrier that a claim has been filed. They will decide whether to deny or approve your workers’ comp claim.
• After reviewing the claim, they will either approve or deny your claim. Upon approval, payments will begin. Upon denial, they must provide notification of the reasoning for the denial.
• Once a claim is denied, we file the appropriate paperwork to request a hearing with the Workers’ Compensation Commission to prove your injury or illness.
We’re proud to offer legal assistance for injured workers in Alton, Illinois and throughout the surrounding Metro East communities. Additionally, our office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm, and we invite you to call us if you’ve been injured at work and are having trouble with the workers’ comp process.
Choose Brunton Law Office because we:
• Focus on Max. Compensation
• Offer 50+ Years of Legal Experience
• Fight for Local Workers
• Use a Client-First Approach
• Practice in Illinois & Missouri
Serving the 62002 zip code and all surrounding St. Louis Metropolitan Area
***THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. THE CHOICE OF A LAYWER IS IMPORTANT AND SHOULD NOT BE BASED SOLELY UPON THIS ADVERTISEMENT. FAVORABLE RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.***
For More Information Call Us At (618) 307-4263
Brunton Law Offices features Michael Brunton & Mary Stewart; two qualified and accomplished attorneys that provide legal assistance for worker’s comp claims, personal injury law, employment law and other matters in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.